Sunday, April 30, 2006

I live my life by a code.

I know that many people do not, since I see it all the time. People lie. People cheat. People steal. People betray. People hurt others. People demoralize, chastise, and they continue to do so because 'they're right'.

Why?

I tend to use myself as an example with topics such as this for a couple of reasons, one of which is that I don't truly 'know' any of you here enough to use any of you as examples, and the other I won't go into to keep this thread mostly clean.

I am an ideologist. I 'know' how society should be. I see ways it could change. Unfortunately, I can also see why it will not. All I can really do is make the difference in my own life, lead by my own convictions and beliefs. If people really want the change they can follow me where I lead them.

People will always do what they do. That is what they are taught to do. As values and morality leaves our society day by day through the use of advertising, or crap on the TV, and as more and more children are raised by the TV instead of by a parent or two,

We have young girls that are now dressing up like hookers to go to school, as young as the age of five. Tube tops, short shorts/skirts, etc. Why? Their mother who believes it to be the norm thinks it's "cute". Meanwhile, her little girl is abducted a month later, molested, and killed because it caught some pervert's eye.

I'm not saying dressing slutty is bad, because back in highschool I greatly enjoyed getting sneak peeks up girls skirts, and the sometimes that they weren't wearing anything underneath just made my day. But those girls were at least 14-18, and developed, and blossoming into full adults. They're expected to have horomones that match the clothing. Plus, I was in highschool with a raging hard on the entire time, and also 14-17.

Comon.. dressing your five year old like shes fifteen? Is there not a limit anymore? I was at Home Depot about two months ago with my girlfriend. We walked by a woman who had three little girls. One wasn't older than nine or ten. One was in diapers, and the other was maybe five. They were dressed like little prostitutes. I made the comment to my girlfriend that that woman was in for a world of trouble later, since she's already dressing her little girls up as prostitutes. My girlfriend made responded with, "well, they were just checking you out and giving me dirty looks."

You see, there is something very wrong with that picture. I understand that instincts are instincts and boys and girls regardless of age think about breeding. And I understand that it was harmless for them to do what they did. But the fact that they were dressed as they were made it dirty, instead of innocent.

You also have the food issue. Nine year olds with tits, and are ragging? There's something a bit wrong about that. The horomones we put into our foods are the prime cause of that. Our water supply being the second. I'm rather curious as to why nothing is being done about that.

What do I see as something we can change here?
The easiest thing would of course be the parents. Quit dressing your kids up as hookers and gangsters. Explain to them what the pop-culture is, and if they follow it, they're nothing but pawns and brainless idiots spending their money on gold teeth, breast implants, and Cadillac Escalades. Explain to them that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. The cover of the book is not the book. And trying to be 'as pretty as everyone on TV' is exactly that. "Trying to be pretty as everyone on TV".

Teach your kids the foundation morals in life. Don't just send them to church to 'learn the gospel', especially since church in our country is getting to be a normal 'business', similar to Wal-Mart or Lowe's. Let them know that religion is not an excuse for any crime they may commit. Their actions will fall back on you. Their dishonorable acts will dishonor you. Their honor will honor you. Make them know that the better things they do, the more proud you will be. Teach them responsibility. Teach them the values of society. Teach them that it is always better to take the first hit than to give the first, but to never take the last. Teach them courage. Teach them the things that TV won't, and cannot, and never will beyond the 'moral of the story' notes.

Where are we as a society now? If somebody says that they are 'moral and just' because they 'go to church', I want to reach out and slap them. You are never moral and just, just because you believe in Jesus Christ, or Allah, or Muhammed, or David.
It doesn't matter what church you go to. It doesn't matter what your religion says. What matters is your actions. What matters is that your actions hurt nobody. What matters is that your morality, your values, your sense of honor, and your sense of the truth & justice remains steadfast.

What else has been lost?

Shame.

People feel no shame for anything they do anymore. They have sex with a married woman and feel no shame. They shoot someone and feel no shame. They steal and feel no shame. They cheat on their husbands or wives and feel no shame. There's no reason for us to have lost this, and it's absolutely terrible that we even could.

I was nine years old when I did five finger discount. I didn't feel shame. When I saw the look on my Dad's face and realized that I had hurt him, I felt shame. I dishonored him by what he did. And he made damn sure that I knew it afterwards.

Kids are shameless these days. People no longer take responsibility for their actions. Those that do are never remembered. And people who take responsibility for other's shortfalls are even moreso.

Our country's greatest strength is also its greatest weakness. Freedom of speech. Consitutionallly, it protects what is most important to us, but it also protects those that market and spread propaghanda for their own benefit. I would never change our constitution, and I love it just how it is. Infact, I cannot do anything. Nothing except set an example in my own life.

I can only hope others follow.

Living in a free society is the best thing there is. You can talk when you want. Walk when you want. Drive when you want. Defend yourself how you want.

For the sake of yourself and those around you... you could at least live a good and moral life. You could quit dressing your kids like you see them on tv. You could start explaining to your kids that tv is not reality, and 'reality' shows are not reality. You could do your part to stop the cycle.

You could teach 'honor thy mother and father', and 'be good to all others', and the basic foundations found in pretty much every religion on the planet.

Quit being a fuckup, and get with the program. Thanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home